domenica 2 dicembre 2012

ogni promessa è debito: inside of CHRIS LaPORTE drawing / A CITY BAND dentro l'opera

Rif.
http://frammentidicarta.blogspot.it/2012/10/un-disegno-di-grande-formato-32mq-di.html

"Dear Licia
Thank you for your interest in my work.
I use an Italian paper, actually. I draw my monumental works on hot press Fabriano Artistico traditional white 100% cotton rag 140 pound paper, which comes in rolls. The rolls are 55 inches wide and 33 feet long. I seem several long vertical pieces of paper together to create one large work using archival double sided low tack tape. I mount the drawings on the wall using rare earth magnets and pieces of metal screwed into the wall. I sandwich the drawing between the disc magnet and the metal plates and the tension holds the drawing up. I put small pieces of acid free vellum between the magnets and the paper and pieces in between the metal plates and the drawing.
I can send you photos of the deinstallation process so you can see how we take one panel off at a time."
 
 
 
potevo dir di no?!?! e soprattutto tenere le immagini per me?      
"Licia,
Here are some photos of the deinstall. Feel free to post any of the photos of the work from my website or wherever you find them on the internet.
 






"

 
Oltre ad essere un bravissimo disegnatore, il ns Chris è un tipo attento alla qualità dei materiali e alla salvaguardia delle sue opere, si è avvalso, infatti, di prodotti e di sistemi di montaggio molto buoni!
Questo oltre a stupirmi, mi ha notevolmente ispirata, quindi in questi giorni ho proposto l'uso di magneti per il montaggio di alcune carte da parati di un artista contemporaneo con cui collaboro....ora vediamo di attuare il sistema! Nel frattempo mi sto documentando sulla portata della calamite al "neodimio" e su come applicarle. In tutto ciò mi sono molto rammaricata di aver sottovalutato il corso sui montaggi proposto dall'università di Urbino nel 2006, in cui si era trattato anche di questi prodotti...ma recupererò sicuramente notizie :-)
 
Alla prossima avventura!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento